Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving #2

For the actual Thanksgiving day we got to venture down to Utah to spend some time with my family. We left on Wednesday night and made the long drive down through blowing snow and 30 mph speed limits. We went to uncle Mike and Lorna's house for turkey dinner with grandma & grandpa Baer and my family. The food was good of course and the coveted blackberry jelly was consumed with no fights this year and I gorged myself on the homemade rolls as well. I enjoyed being able to spend time with the family that day. We didn't go out with the crazies for Black Friday, but we did venture out later in the day to see what sort of deals we could come out with. We did find a few good things, but nothing too exciting. On Saturday we went to Grandma Baer's for a grand daughter Christmas tea party. I always love doing tea parties at Grandma's she always makes sure we have a good time. She always makes mini sandwiches with home made rolls, jello jigglers and small foods. For desert she also makes little ice cream balls- that you have to eat very slowly with little bites. I made sure to keep my pinkie up as well as making sure everyone else complied with the proper etiquette. It was fun to pretend to be little and as always I enjoy being in the company of grandma and all my family. On Sunday we made the trek back home again through snow covered roads and slow speeds. I love being able to come home even though most times its just a short weekend. I love my family and hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday and I can't wait for more time to spend with everyone.
I am very thankful for my family on both sides, they are all amazing people and have a great influence on me. I can only hope to be a great parent to my kids as you all are to me! I am also very thankful to the friends that we have made in the past year, as well as those that have been around for a long time- without them I would not be where I am today and for that I am very thankful for their friendship.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment