Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas!!

Christmas this year was spent with David's parents.We attempted some family pictures on Christmas Eve- what a chore that was! You think having little kids are bad, try having 4 dogs to try to position them the way you want and then make them stay. It was quite the adventure and we all went a little blind from all the flashes from a million pictures being taken to just get one that looked- decent! Ha Ha even his evil eye can't be taken away with red eye removal!!
On Christmas eve we went to the ski hill in Winter Park for the Ski Down. They have Christmas music playing and they have skiers going down the hill with torches dancing to the songs. We caught the tail end of the show- just in time to see Santa coming down the hill with snow cats coming down after him with all there crazy lights. After that we went over to a family friends home and enjoyed a delicious dinner with everyone.
On Christmas morning we all meandered out of bed around 9 or 10 and just hung out. I think it was almost noon by the time we decided it was time to open presents. Santa did a very good job this year- I was very impressed! He brought me my very own snowboard helmet- so I don't look like I belong on the short bus! ;) He also brought me some cute jackets, new straight iron, a clock for the wall and a gift card to Kohls. Santa was VERY good to me this year! For David he brought a new snowboard jacket- so he doesn't look like the green machine coming down the hill! He also received a new dress shirt with some ties, a new travel toiletries bag and an ESPN movie pack (shh.... don't tell-Santa didn't get that delivered in time and now it is waiting for him at his mom's for New Years!) We also got season passes to the mountain, snowboard shirts and socks from David's mom & dad also. We are EXTREMELY grateful for everything we received this year, it was definitely a good year!
We eventually got out for the day and went snow boarding just me and David. It was fun to be able to be with him for the day and actually be with him the whole time! I usually end up going on my own, but this time I got to hang out with him on the hill the WHOLE time! That night mom cooked up a delicious meal and Jackie came over to join us for dinner since her whole family was gone to Mississippi to go duck hunting. We had a good time together as usual and I enjoyed every ones company.
The next morning we got up and David and his mom went to the mountain again- I wasn't feeling good and Kurt was doing his own thing. So they enjoyed some good mother and son time on the mountain!
This year did bring about some sadness as well, as it was the first Christmas without papa Chet around. We sure do miss him and and also missed having Roz around as well! She was well taken care of and surrounded by her family and I am sure she knows we love her and missed having her join in the festivities!
Oh yes- I almost forgot- Dallan proposed to Stacie on Christmas (FINALLY!!) so a wedding should be coming some time this next year!Did you see the ring?- I didn't at first when I got their text message!

No comments:

Post a Comment