Saturday, November 24, 2012

Forever changed!!

The day that changed our lives forever!
September 1st 2012

7 am wide awake... have to pee... tell my self go back to sleep...
8 am wide awake... not ready yet... tell my self to go back to sleep... I really have to pee!
9 am oh goodness... I really have to pee, but David is still asleep!!
9:15 Oh good he is up... GO time!
Shaking.... can't pee now... deep breath... you can do it ... done!
Hurry and shut it in the drawer... act like I am busy in the bathroom...
5 minutes later trying to convince myself to look... you can do it!... No!... Yes!
Open the drawer with eyes closed shaking as I reach for it...
Ok!.... deep breath... open eyes...1...2...3...Ok!...1....2...3!!
Pregnant!?! Heart starts racing and can't stop smiling!!
Shut it in the drawer... and wait...can't sit still...
4 hours later... after waiting for the Notre Dame game to get over...
I can't give this news if he is mad about the game....they won... my wait was over....
"Babe you better enjoy this football season because next year it's gonna be a whole lot different"
"Oh yeah"
"Yeah...cause I'm Pregnant!!"
"No your not!"
"Yeah I am!"
"Your bad at lying..."
"NO I really am- you want to see?!"
...Big smiles and lots of laughter... I went into the bathroom and brought the test in for him to see it...
"I need to watch some more football and let it sink in!"

There has been lots of shock and disbelief that this is happening! It happened a lot sooner then expected because it generally takes much longer to get the birth control out of your system, but apparently not for us!! It is still sinking in and I was definitely more excited than David was in the beginning, but slowly he is getting more excited as the days go by. This secret has been killing me to keep it in and I am super excited for this little one that will be joining us in May 2013!!


No comments:

Post a Comment