Monday, October 19, 2009
Is it worth it??
So, I am baffled is it all worth it in the end? I just have to wonder if doctors really just want more $$$ from you! So I went to the eye doctor and of course I am still as blind as a bat! (this is a direct quote from the doctor) Which is some what fitting for this time of the year I guess! I have quite a few issues with my eyes as per usual- the good news is my main disease which is keratoconus- fancy way of saying my eyes are coning and thinning- has not gotten any worse as of last year! This just means I "most likely" wont have to wear hard lenses. I do have astigmatisms in both eyes that have gotten worse- of course-which explains why I cant see as well! Now on top of that I have another big long worded disease that basically means I have irritation across my eye and my eyes are swollen all the time. Of course I'm thinking OK that's enough- but no I have chronic dry eye as well! Which "should" feel like I have something under my contact at all times! But do I feel anything- No- he says my eyes are like scars- they have built up a tolerance to the pain apparently! I say good- he says no good! He then proceeds to recommend a few daily prescriptions to help my eyes feel better- I say ok if I have to! That is until he told me it could be $100 a month for everything and I at least have to do it all for 6 months at the minimum! Of course they told me this after I had just forked over $100 for my uber special contacts! If I don't feel anything is it really worth all the money to not feel any different?! Needless to say I am wearing my glasses for now and according to the doc I should wear them for at least a few weeks to give my eyes a break! Gotta love doctors!
Glasses- UGH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment